Saturday, August 20, 2011

4Quarters: 08/20/2011

First Quarter - NFL Preseason
Sure the NFL preseason is different than most with most of the summer workouts being wiped out by the labor dispute. The games are a way to get reps and such but I don't care for them so I'll let them exist but the NFL starts when the games really count. No matter if Todd Haley whines about the Ravens are running up the score on him.

Second Quarter - Fox Sports
The best thing the network did in years was hire Gus Johnson and put college football guys on the college games they'll be doing on Fox/FX. However the fact that their number one play-by-play man Joe Buck continues to work with a voice ailment just makes the network literally sound awful.

Third Quarter - ESPN Baseball Sections
Tomorrow night ESPN Sunday Night Baseball will have Cardinals-Cubs for the second time what I believe to be four weeks. I understand the need for ratings by having teams that draw well but I'd suggest having teams that are hardly on would have the same effect. How about showing the struggling teams earlier in the year on Monday/Wednesday/Sunday night baseball instead of the same seven teams throughout the season. I'm not just saying this as a Royals fan but the fact MLB Network does and they produce the better product.

Fourth Quarter - Omaha Stormchasers
I admit that the new name/stadium has gotten me repumped about the Kansas City Royals triple A affiliate Omaha Stormchasers. I've been out to beautiful Warner Park seven times for games (in addition to stopping by for merchandise at the Storm Front a couple times) and saw them in Salt Lake City last weekend. Having future stars of the organization and journeymen on the team has led to a fun summer of following. The team should make the playoffs which I'll try to get out and follow.

vmos away!

No comments:

Post a Comment